The American College of Physicians (ACP) and MedU have collaborated to create an online High Value Care curriculum for medical students based on related materials developed for student educators and residents by ACP and the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM). The six online case-based modules for medical students incorporate active learning strategies and enable student users to learn about High Value Care in a clinical context at a convenient time and place. Modules include short interactive virtual patient cases, brief instructional videos, key teaching points and embedded links so that students can apply principles from the High Value Care modules to other cases.
The module topics are:
- Defining High Value Care & the Importance of Clinical Reasoning
- Statistics and Clinical Decision-Making
- Preventive Care and Value
- Medications and Value
- On Rounds: Medical Students, Teams, and High Value Care
The HVC course can be accessed by any school or student with a subscription to any MedU course. This course can also be made available to any medical professional school or student that does not have a subscription to MedU by contacting MedU at firstname.lastname@example.org. The HVC course is an excellent learning tool that can be used alone or in conjunction with other MedU courses.
In the News View All
- USPSTF Recommends Against COPD Screening In People Who Are Asymptomatic - Lung Disease News
- No Evidence to Support Widespread Screening for COPD: Experts - Health
- Ladyparts: An Owner's Manual - Glamour
High Value Care Videos
View our entire collection of videos
on High Value Care.