for Educators, Residents, and Students
Residents must prove competent in six general areas of medical practice to complete their training. The competency related to high value care is part of the 6th competency on System-based Practice and reads - Practice cost-effective health care and resource allocation that does not compromise quality of care.
The High Value Care Curriculum is designed to help shape the habits of future physicians during their medical education experience.
Ten interactive one hour modules based on actual patients and their hospital bills will help residents develop habits of using high value care by using a five-step framework. The modules are designed for flexibility so they can be easily incorporated into the existing conference structure of a residency program.
Some of the important topics covered are:
- High Value Medication Prescribing
- Barriers to High Value Care
- The Basics of Health Insurance
- Balancing Benefits With Harms and Costs
- How To Do a Local High Value Quality Improvement Activity
In the News View All
- Hospitals promote screenings that experts say many people do not need - The Washington Post
- Many medical guidelines don't consider costs - Chicago Tribune
- Doctor Panels Recommend Fewer Tests for Patients New York Times - New York Times
High Value Care Videos
View our entire collection of videos
on High Value Care.